CHRISTMAS HAMPER COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
YORKSHIRE FREE RANGE CHICKEN LIVER PÂTÉ
Chill & then serve with Apple Gel
GARDEN PEA VELOUTÉ, WILD MUSHROOM CREAM
Bring to simmer & serve.
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour. Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter or oil over the skin and season well. Put the turkey breast on the rack.
- Roast for the allotted time, taking the foil off 20 mins before the end to brown the skin.
- Test with the point of a knife and see if the juices run clear. If you have a thermometer, it should read 65-70C. If the joint isn't cooked through, roast for another 10 mins.
- Leave the turkey to rest somewhere warm for 20 mins – it will keep cooking, so the final internal temperature will rise to 70C or just above that.
- Please do not skip this step, or the juices will all flow out as you carve.
STUFFING, PIGS IN BLANKETS & BREAD SAUCE FRITTERS
Place in a pre-heated oven on Gas Mark 4/5- or 180-degree c for 8-12 minutes
BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CHESTNUTS
Pierce bag & place in a microwave for 3-4 minutes or in a simmering pan for 8 to 10 minutes
DRIPPING POTATOES, PARSNIPS & HONEY ROASTED CARROTS
Place in a pre-heated oven - 180 degrees and cook for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden and piping hot
Place in a pre-heated oven - 180 degrees and heat through for 3-4 minutes
Either warm in a small pan or place bag in pan of hot water to heat
CHRISTMAS PUDDING & BRANDY SAUCE
For a small portion either pierce the bag & microwave for 40-50 seconds or place the bag unpierced in a pan of simmering water for 10 minutes. For 4-6 portions either ‘portion’ cold, place on a plate, clingfilm, pierce & microwave for 1-2 minutes or steam in a pan of simmering water for one hour or until piping hot. To heat the Brandy Sauce either warm in a pan or place bag in a pan of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes
Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes
We hope you all enjoy Christmas Day Lunch
Please be conscious all cooking guidelines are subject to your ovens & microwaves power & efficiency
We would like to wish all our guests a very Happy Christmas and New Year
Thank you for your order! We look forward to welcoming you to Grassington House in 2024!
Our phone lines will be closed on Christmas Eve from 2pm & Christmas Day.
Sue, John & the team at Grassington House